Pages

Curls vs. Humidity...

The heat index at 3pm today said 112! ONE HUNDRED AND TWELVE PEOPLE!!!!!! This - is - SEWIOUS!(to quote ming ming the wonder pet) It's the end of June and I'm just wondering what July and August will hold for us. I would say I can't take it but what am I to do? I've resorted already to NO makeup and just forget about my hair. If you have naturally curly hair, like me, you know exactly what I'm talking about. I used to LOATHE my curls but honestly I don't mind them now. I actually think having curly hair in this humidity is actually better. Cause what about those poor folks with just wavy hair? They try to straighten, 10 minutes outside and...that was a waste!

So I'm in the bed, writing...well trying to write....next to my sleeping, newly turned 10 month old! It is hard to believe Lailey is 10 months. When you hear moms and dads say, "you won't believe how fast the time will go" they weren't kidding. This is CRAZY! It was like YESTERDAY that I was pregnant with her. It's been the most incredible 10 months of my life. Lailey is truly a joy and so much fun. She's entering that stage of starting to be really really funny. I laugh, for real, many times a day at her faces, noises, expressions, innocence. God so knew what he was doing when he planned this whole thing....babies.

I think there is something different about being a mom later in life. I was 39 when I had her and while there are certainly challenges, i think my thought processing is...well better. I see young moms who freak out at the smallest things. Don't get me wrong. I'm concerned! I'm just not overly dramatic. Lailey recently had to have a 3D Head Scan for a small bump on her forehead that has been there since she was born and when the doctor starting saying things like, "frontal lobing, brain lesion, skull sutures" I COULD have freaked out but I didn't. I had about a 30 minute "processing" time where I was very quiet and contemplative but I was NEVER freaked out. I knew it was nothing(and it wasn't). I know half a dozen young moms who would have flipped their wig over something like this. I thank God for Lailey this late in life. I'm more patient, I'm more understanding and knowledgable of just life in general. No offense to ANY young moms out there. It's a hard job no matter when and how you are doing it! I just see kind of a pattern here.

btemplates

0 comments: